Each year, we have a New Year’s Eve party and invite over friends for a little festive affair. This year, we’ve been travelling so much that the thought was to find some easy items to make in advance to freeze and be ready to pop in the oven when needed.
Boy, did I find an easy one? Yes, indeedy! Savory Parmesan Bites. Needless to say, we put the “KI” on it and voted this one a “Keeper” for the party.
So. here’s the KI bit:
Divided the softened cream cheese between two bowls, and added grated parmesan to one, and crumbled blue cheese to the other.
Next, added chopped, sun-dried cherry tomatoes to the blue cheese bowl, and chopped roasted red pepper to the parmesan bowl.
- Then, skipped the parsley.
- Divided the mixture between the crescent dinner rolls (which you can now get at Trader Joe’s without any trans / partially / fully / fat / hydrogenated – well, you get the picture…!)
- Did not put the parmesan cheese on the outside yet, since they are being frozen. Will do when we cook them for the party.
- Recipe does not call for spraying the sheet pan – definitely DO since the cheese will run out a bit on the pan. Might even put parchment paper on the pan next time, to save clean up.
- Test cooked 3 of each, and here’s the results – BIG THUMBS UP!
Take a look –
Be sure you use two different knives to cut the two different kinds of rolls. It can get a bit sticky…
Ready to freeze for later – or eat a few now…